Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In the Cut


The "new" Dequindre Cut is about to launch; Model D has a video. Not to harsh anyone's mellow - after all, we are for nothing if not soldiering on with the renaissance, etc.

However, having recently had the pleasure of experiencing what it is like to dial 911 in Detroit and with our rose-colored glasses now in the shop for necessary repairs, one wants to know: What kind of joy will the traveler actually get when she or he declares his or her emergency at those fun red Emergency boxes?

I'll start exercising down there when I know I won't be the only person walking through a very deep, very long, limited access ditch, running through the middle of Detroit.

2 comments:

D-Tales said...

As long as you collapse somewhere to the immediate east of Lafayette Towers, I'll call the paramedics for you. Other than that, you're on your own.

Raoul Duke said...

For years people have been ducking into the cut because it's out of sight of the authorities.

I plan on going down there the day it opens and mugging several dopes in biker pants.

I realize there's cameras but they must know that the studies find they're not a deterrent.