Saturday, September 6, 2008

Congestion on 80 Mile Road

You know how you said to yourself just the other day, "Damn, I wish I had more time to catch up on my reading," and by "reading," you meant the SEMCOG 2030 Regional Transportation Plan for Southeast Michigan?

Didn't think so.

The above map shows congestion in 2030. Little of it in the core of the city. The take away - noting the report's assumption that jobs will continue to drain out of the city, along with population, is that in 20-plus years, Detroit will still be mostly quiet (but perhaps with some type of light rail on Woodward) and the suburbs will be stuck in even worse traffic than they deal with now.

That doesn't sound like too good a deal for them.

2 comments:

D-Tales said...

That's their fault for living in the 'burbs. "I want a place that I can raise a family in," pshaw.

Allan said...

I'm glad I live in the city! There's never any major traffic to speak of. I live in West Village, and drive out to Livernois & Outer Drive for work. I usually just laugh at all the people stuck in inbound traffic as I zip past them going 65mph in the opposite direction.